Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Jesus Camp...
Thread: Jesus Camp...
View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2006, 11:31 AM   #55
84Scrambler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler

I don't think the government is doing this in the present day. However, it was done centuries ago when the church basically was the government. Now government just screws everyone out in the open.

Here. How about this one. I believe that the majority of people that attend church and call themselves Christian really don't believe in God any more than I do. But, they are scared of admitting that they don't believe in God for fear of alienation. In a small town, as a business owner, you wouldn't dare say something like that you don't believe in God. Why? Because nobody would frequent your business for fear of being associated with the "heathen", even though most secretly agree with the business owner. It's called peer pressure. I don't want anyone to think less of me because I think differently, so therefore I will just go with the flow and say what people want to hear so that they will accept me. Everyone wants to belong to the group, even if the majority of the participants don't agree with why the group exists. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04288 seconds with 20 queries