Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Rocks @ the Mounds
View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #10
kb8ymf
Not as old as Whiterhino

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii
Wonder if they are going to open up bidding for the design also? If so, perhaps one of our people could bid on doing that. We seem to have some people with some serious offroad talent on the site, not just webwheelers.

Would be good to see something besides mud there, getting real tired of the evil mud this year.
Yes, that is the plan, GCP&R will specify general requirements. i.e number of trails, length, grade requirements as in man made hills, etc. It will be up to the bidding contractor to fulfill the requirements and specify a cost for the project. This may or may not entail purchase of the materials. Not sure how they want to divy up the project yet. Still a bit early. I do know there will be a public hearing. (Boy would I like to kill them with attendance there!) After that, the RPP will go out.
One additional obstace GL had asked for was a log crawl. Up hill, logs pinned to the ground. Different angles and diameter logs.
Also start thinking about where you'd like it placed in the facility too. Up front has more logistical benefits as opposed to the back where it was originally planned. Having pictures to submit as suggestions may help also. I gathered up as many as I thought showed in general what we wanted. Mind you, we can do without the one's showing some guy doing a wheel stand just before he turtle's it!
Will let everyone know as soon as I know!
jim-kb8ymf
kb8ymf is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.69347 seconds with 20 queries