Made some more progress. Nothing too major but it took some time and is a nice morale booster to be able to really SEE some progress. I guess I'll start off with the only ones people will care about
The back end of the tub is sitting 1.5-2" higher than it should be due to this:
Once I trim the floor for that and link clearance it'll sit right.
Pretty pitiful looking....
Decided I should clean up the underbody so I don't have to deal with rust issues later.
Gonna prime any bare metal and undercoat the whole underside eventually but didn't bother coating it yet since it'll be coming off a few more times still.
Replaced one of the body mounts that was rusted:
Eliminated one of the other body mounts that was badly rusted and isn't getting used:
The patch panel is a chunk of the Scrambler hood
Looks like I'm gonna be replacing part of the floor before this thing's done too:
Only sh1tty thing I discovered is that the engine/trans/t-case are supposed to be offset about an inch to the passenger side. I built mine centered so looks like I'll be modifying the motor mounts to get things lined up how they should be.
Feels good to at least see it looking like a big Jeep