View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #42
itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by feva4u View Post
Midwest control cable shifters from the D300 thread on Pirate. Made my mounts and modified the stock shifter housing to bring them up through the stock center console. Let me know what you want pictures of. I doubled the seals up after polishing the rails and it still leaks pretty badly. I'd run a 231 with HD sye and the posi lock do hicky to run 2wd low if I had it to do over. Let me know what you want pictures or more information on.
Ya I definetly dont want to have problems with it leaking. That will drive me crazy. I already have a 231 with a SYE, which I will probably end up using if I cant get the right parts to make this work with out having any issues, like it leaking, or shifter problems. Seems like there would have to be a way to get the 300 not to leak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrillB2 View Post
Sweet deal, only thing I can add, I would of welded the 8.8 axle tubes to the pumpkin.
And yes, it is nice to see some serious fab work and not on tons and full width.
Didnt think of it at first, but seems like Im hearing some pretty bad horror stories about these axles spinning the tubes. Didnt realize that the plugs are just pressed in. I still have to install the internal, so before I do that I plan on welding them up.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04555 seconds with 11 queries