Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1983 Scrambler build: 5.3 / TH350 swap
View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #117
Haggar
Covered in mud...

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

LOL, I fubared another sender. The sender bit is a bit too thin wall to handle being chucked in the lathe Anyway, got another coming, hopefully I can keep the 3rd one alive...

In the mean time, I put the wiring harness back on the engine. Unfortunately, I got to the very last plug to connect, the alternator and the plug is wrong. Hmm, I need to call Jim's to see what happened. Hope he can send me a pigtail or something I really don't want to take the whole harness off again and send it back.

So, I put the engine and trans into the Jeep. First time its been in there all welded up. I need to fab up a trans crossmember, then its time to start in on all the plumbing and wiring work.

Started modifying the stock drive-by-wire pedal today, too. It was about 6 inches too far to the center of the Jeep to work, so I cut it and flipped it around. Need to finish welding it and cleaning up the excess metal, but I'm doing it in small pieces to not get it too hot, since there are some electronics on there.

Not a great pic but you get the idea. It used to bend to the right instead of the left.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20110326155811.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	76473   Click image for larger version

Name:	20110327162656.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	76474  
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06057 seconds with 21 queries