Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - what to buy??
Thread: what to buy??
View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2011, 06:14 AM   #1
drew91xj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to drew91xj
Talking what to buy??

alright i finaly got the go ahead from the boss lady to buy a new tow rig lol.. now i realy want a diesel to haul my xj, wood ect.
im looking to buy a f250 power stroke, more then likely pre 98. am i over looking a simpler cheaper alternative. i drive 1 hour round trip total to and from work 5-6 days a week and my g/f does 99% of weekend trip driving. im aware of the 30 cent fuel premium and cost of parts ect compared to my half ton chevy, i work and maintain all my own vehicles and know a couple diesel guys if i get in over my head.
also if i play my cards right i can sell my current dd pay the loan off and buy a ricer or gas friendly truck to drive when diesel gets out of hand.
am i over looking somthing about this new truck purchase to where it doesn't make sence? or should i just but a bigger motor half ton and live with it. id like to think i would be towing my xj once or twice a month during the normaly wheeling season, towing would consist of michigan and indiana maybe illinois.

thanks drew....sorry its long winded
drew91xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05011 seconds with 20 queries