Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Pinto 2.0 engine, question and parts needed.
View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #7
gmotox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneoffroader View Post
If all else fails check with these guys;

http://www.esslingeracing.com/
Thank you, but already called them and they have no 2.0 stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
If the gears on the shaft broke the gears on the distributor will be trashed also not to mention tons of shavings in the oil pan.

Something to think about if its already setup for a 2.0,instead of re-doing everything for a VW motor you should look into swappin in a Turbo 2.3 out of a T-bird or Merkur.My buddy in Jackson did this swap and even with a stock 2.3t it will make 175-200hp without trying. He had to build a new buggy with a longer chassis just to keep the front wheels on the ground so he could steer. If you get a Merkur motor and harness its a super easy swap and the harness is a stand alone so its small and easy to hook up.
The distributor gear is good..I thought about the 2.3 swap but would really rather have the VW aircooled to keep it simple and light, the light front end was a probleem with this buggy also..I have another nice 4 seater frame that I am swapping everything into.
Thanks for the info!
gmotox is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07775 seconds with 20 queries