Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Best diesel 3/4 ton truck of the BIG 3
View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2006, 07:51 AM   #126
JOE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95geo
efilive is badass.... you can do anything to the truck and have a switchable pcm!

i didnt want to buy a "prepackaged" tune like kennedy's or moonshine so i contacted mcrat and he told me about his new-at-the-time policy. he hooked me up with the program so i could do all the editing myself but he also sent me an unlocked 500rwhp race/DD/mileage tune for me to load myself. it drives awesome, shifts very smooth and lays down the power when needed.

i just loaded a 50hp tow tune for this weekend, well see how it does compared to the race tune towing.

i wouldnt run anything more than a small tow tune on the stock allison, the race tune will toast it REALLY quick.

if you want some help rebuilding your trans let me know, i have a hoist and one rebuilt allison under my belt, its not too hard and not worth the 1400 that people charge to do it.
Sweet......yea, mcrat knows what he is doing thats for sure! I will for sure take you up on that once I am ready to rebuild it. Did you use a rebuilt kit from Suncoast or ATS or somthing like that?

Joe
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05747 seconds with 20 queries