Alright, I think it has been long enough, time for an update!
Well after waiting 4 or so weeks to hear back about my warranty on my gears, unable to get ahold of anyone to find out what the fawk was going on I decided to just go ahead and buy the stuff to build the HP 44. So I ordered up new gears and carrier, then picked up some 1.5" dia DOM for a new tie rod, some weld in bungs and a few other odds and ends an got started last weekend. Still don't know about the LP gears, but o-well, maybe I can sell them if I ever see them again.
Anyway, finished it all up today, looks good and drives good too.
here are the pictures!
full width...little off center, bout 3/4", shoulda spend more time centering it. I might have the adjustment in my heims, other wise I can shorten my track bar to fix it, O-well, it'll still wheel the same. The front is about 2" wider overall than the rear, I will run it this way for a while.
New to me HP
Limit straps I just put on, 18" long
My fix for my brake line guard, 1" angle. Looks good IMO and should work great.
Then just a few so we all remember how it looks....beat and bruised
4WD works.....snow was deep!
Next on the todo list is put the explorer axle under it, inboard the springs, lose the blocks. I ordered a 8.8 ruffstuff diff cover and axle swap kit. I am also in process of making some new spring hangers. Gonna start this in a few weeks.
Thanks for looking!