Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - .
Thread: .
View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #196
kb8ymf
Not as old as Whiterhino

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricator View Post
well, i just took the intake off beckys motor to swap on the new one (motor had a busted intake when she got it) and it isn't very pretty in there. the motor was definatley running when the intake broke and sucked a bunch of pieces in there. you can see right to the valves in a ls motor and can get some of the pieces out, but not sure if there is any that got between the pistons and valves? i think someone has been turning the motor over by hand because all the spark plugs have been out and are still loose. looks like a part of one of the injectors in there and the valves are very rusty. what do you guys think? here are some pics.
So Beckys motor is the one with the garbage dump in the intake ports?
If so, I wouldn't run it OR turn it over one more degree without pulling the heads.
You have who knows how much work ahead of you R&R the valves and checking them for straightness. Along with whatever was ingested in the engine and what damage that might have caused. Short block can probably stay together for now but I would still pull the brg caps and rod ends to eyeball the bearings.
j-kb8ymf
kb8ymf is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05525 seconds with 20 queries