Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1986 cj build
Thread: 1986 cj build
View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2011, 03:03 PM   #1
ssjeepfreek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 1986 cj build

New project. 1986 cj7 on 42 inch pit bulls on h1 with trailworthy beadlocks. Front 60, rear 14 bolt, 4.89 or 5.13 confused on gearing until I get covers off myself. Full hydro steer. 350 chevy on propane, 400 turbo with a 205 transfercase.
Traded to get more into rock playing. Very good foundation, but everything is going to be tore down and redone. Tube work is awesome. Axles done right, but tub is shot, wiring waiting to let the smoke and fire out of it and brake lines a mess. Got it running and fixed I think I counted 12 leaking points. New correct single wheel hubs. Bought a solid yj tub with steel cj fenders that I will cut and wedge to fit the tubes. Cut off front stinger (not my thing) and had Tab make up a awesome frontend along with rear bumper and quarter tubes. Any bending needed look him up.
I am now working on getting the new tub ready for paint and line X this spring. Thinking of leaving it together until paint is done and just swapping.
Will get pics of new rear tube soon.

Last edited by ssjeepfreek; October 28th, 2014 at 02:58 AM.
ssjeepfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05500 seconds with 20 queries