Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - .
Thread: .
View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #128
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beefy View Post
If pinion angles are setup correctly the 1310 will hold up just keep an eye on them

I had to replace them about twice per year with the V8 in my rig.
WRONG!!!! Why would you even want to "keep an eye on them" when you know they are a weak link?

Becky,
Tim is absolutely right. You're spending all this money (and time) with a complete new driveline. You like to drive hard and you will only drive it harder with the new HP. (been there, done that) You are defining a weak link right from the get-go. Go to Pirate and look at any hardcore build and you will NEVER see 1310 joints. In my opinion, you are making a huge mistake when the cost difference now is minimum. Go big or go home.

Last summer, when I still had my NP231 in my jeep, I had one 1310 joint on the front output and all the rest had been upgraded to 1350's. We were at the Badlands running Troy's private property and an hour into the day.............BANG!

Guess which one, and only one joint ruined my day running an area that is extremely rare to get to. The statement that if the angles are right is bullshit. This was on my upper of my front driveshaft that has ZERO articulation because of the carrier bearing. It BROKE.

Serious discussion here............. do it right.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08773 seconds with 20 queries