Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Mira's Jeep Cherokee Sport
View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #89
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Progress has been slow, but that's OK. We've been busy with other creative projects. A few updates, though. First, the floorpan patch repair (under driver's feet) is going decently well. I'm about half to two-thirds of the way done.

Floorpan after cut-out (NOTE: I used 3-M Weld-Thru coating on the frame rails and under the patch panel before welding it in):

Floorpan with fitted patch panel (recycled from part of the old hood):

Floorpan patch partially done (welds ground down & sanded).

I have to say that I MUCH prefer welding 1/8"-3/16" steel. Sheet metal is a bit of a pain. Fortunately, we're not on a pressing deadline.

Mira got to work on a few things over her Christmas break, including removal of some engine compartment bits, and also starting on disassembling the dash. We did find an amplifier under the lower dash panel; we'll have to test it to see if it works, and will use it if it does. NOTE: Despite the bird's nest that's still in the radio opening, no actual birds were harmed during the course of our work.

I also had some PM discussion on Pirate with Dave at Ballistic Fabrication about how happy Mira is with her Ballistic Christmas gifts. He was pleased that she liked their stuff, but that was the extent of the discussion. Then, on my doorstep last week arrived a small package from Ballistic - a kid-sized shirt with a pink skull printed on front, and "Ballistic" on the back. Mira doesn't know about it yet, and I'm going to surprise her with it when I see her on Tuesday. So thank you, Ballistic Fabrication, for sponsoring Mira with this. She's diggin' your products so far.

That's all for now. More work to come this afternoon after church (I'm itchy to keep working on it)...

Craig
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floorpan_half_done.jpg
Views:	1048
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	73254   Click image for larger version

Name:	ballistic_shirt_1.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	73255   Click image for larger version

Name:	mira_disassembling_dash.jpg
Views:	1008
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	73256  

Last edited by 1x1_Speed_Craig; January 16th, 2011 at 07:55 PM.
1x1_Speed_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07333 seconds with 21 queries