View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #2
bobbywalter
asshatt

i had some problems with them in the 8.8 ford applications.

the customer support is outstanding. this was years ago, but after they looked at the unit i wrecked, they called me(this is a unit just past the warranty period btw)and offered any locker they had. i had a 28 spline, and after hashing it out...and due to the fact i had the gears etc i went with a 31 spline 8.8. wrecked that too. and had various other odd failures.

they were steering me towards a 9 in or 60 after the initial inspection from their engineering guys of the unit i fawked up originally and really pushed it after killing the 31 spline and i regret not doing a 60 as it was the proper choice...i just did not have the loot to do wheels gears etc. and stayed with the easiest choice at the time.

so i fawked myself.

arb is not my first choice for a 60 rear, but likely will be what ends up in the front 60 eventually as they just have top of the line support. the product i was having troubles with surpassed all that was normal for one....i just loaded the axle too much and case/housing deflection was likely the main issue. my fault not arb's.

listen to them and consider you investment dollars carefully if your on a tight budget. sometimes it is better to wait and save some more upgrade then try to make something work that is marginal.

another thanks for arb.
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04191 seconds with 11 queries