Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 97 dodge ram 4x4
View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #17
Tie Dyed
O.G.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tie Dyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Didnt some of the 3/4 tons come with 2.5" springs. I though I have ran in to them before. I could be wrong though. I do know when I have bought springs for the 1/2 ton there was the option for the 3" wide ones.
I *believe* that the difference is in the light duty 3/4 ton vs heavy duty. When thay had a light duty 3/4 ton is was with the 9.25 and a 44. The light duty 3/4 ton was only an option at the start of the 2nd gens, up to 97 I think, but it could be a year or to later, or a year earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
i wouldnt be worried about the rear axle. They have thoes in 3/4 ton trucks behind the deisle.
No, the V10 or diesel had a 70 or 80 rear. The difference was the autos had a 70, and the stick/dually had the 80.

I would just go out and look for a 3/4 2nd gen, then you would have nothing to worry about. I see about 10 mpg in my v10 and that is loaded or unloaded. The only thing I wish is that I had the stick vs. the auto. In the 2nd gens you could not get a 1 ton in a non-dually, so that is why you see so many 3/4 rolling around.

Page generated in 0.04651 seconds with 20 queries