Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - SOLD: Chevrolet Sportsvan (NOT MINE BUT WANTED TO SEE SOMEONE BUILD IT)
View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #1
InTeRnEt_RyAn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default SOLD: Chevrolet Sportsvan (NOT MINE BUT WANTED TO SEE SOMEONE BUILD IT)

NOT MINE roadside sale but thought someone would love it!
Gen 1 1964-1966
CHevrolet G-Series or Sportsman

WIndows look to be cut in, but I didn't stop. I "WANTED" to see a build thread on one of these since reading a Yota forum and link to a van for sale on here. It appears to have a solid beam front suspension, so I imagine an axle swap would be easier.

GLWS or purchas would love to see a build thread.

Chevrolet_Van Chevrolet_Van
"The 1st generation ChevyVan refers to the first Chevrolet G-Series vans G-10 ton production years 1964 through 1966. General Motors saw a market for a compact van based on a modified passenger car platform to compete with the already successful Ford Econoline and Dodge A100. The 1964 ChevyVan had a cab forward design with the engine was placed in a "doghouse" between and behind the front seats. Engines and brakes were sourced from the Chevy II, a more conventional compact car than Chevrolet Corvair. The forward engine design allowed a flat rear floor with low deck heights in the rear of the van for loading/unloading cargo. This model was also sold by GMC as Handi-Van. The 1st Gen vans were available in only the short 90 inch wheelbase and were only sold with the standard 90 hp 153 cubic inch straight-4 or Chevrolet Straight-6 engine. A first gen is quickly identified by its single piece flat windshield glass. The first 1964 ChevyVan was originally marketed and sold as a panel van for purely utilitarian purposes. Windows were available as an option, but were simply cut into the sides from the factory. In 1965, Chevy added Sportvan which featured windows actually integrated into the body. GMC marketed their window van as Handi-Bus. Air conditioning, power steering and power brakes were not available in the 1st generation vans"

Located in the 73000 block of Memphis Ridge, Richmond MI. North of town about 3/4 mile on M19 or Memphis Ridge Rd.

Last edited by InTeRnEt_RyAn; March 5th, 2011 at 02:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.08731 seconds with 21 queries