Well, got out in the garage a little today. I swapped in a new ujoint in the longer sploder shaft and put it on the truck. Only problem I had was the rubber seal was compressed too much to allow me to put the shaft in, so I left it out for now. I have 2" of compression left, so I should be fine, but I still wanna flex it out and see how much I use both ways. I have 6" of slip total, so only about 5" usable.
I also started cutting up my steering today, shortened the drag link 3" to match my track bar, then I welded some tabs on the tie rod to attach it, paint is drying as we speak. Now I just need to go get a few 3/4" bolts to finish it up.
My daughter came out and wanted to do something, so I gave her a 1/2" wrench and said take those bolt off.....she removed my front drive shaft for me, kinda nice! Then she helped me press in a new U joint, she had fun!
Pictures of the help, I will get more of the truck when it is done.