Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Woohoo!
Thread: Woohoo!
View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2005, 12:45 PM   #22
Tonka
YJ build in progress

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tonka Send a message via Yahoo to Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode
We could argue this for hours. Who gives a shit what they teach in grade school, high school, or undergrad. All of that is meant to teach you how to learn. To teach you how to think. You are going to do your learning on the job and in grad school. The rest is teaching you how to think........
Dave, I have to agree with you.

Grade high and undergrad also tend to teach that there is only right and wrong answers. Life teaches you otherwise, further schooling gives you the equations to "prove" it

My opnion:
School needs to teach kids about real world decision making, and problem solving. I know plenty of people who are booksmart, but can't grasp what is going on real world.

I just recently learned to look at things differently, and how to solve some real world problems. My life has direction, and meaning again. I don't feel lost, or helpless, or down on myself anymore.

Learning that has taken me my whole life.

Now I'm taking what I've learned, and using it to solve my real world problems (school, career, finantial stability, relationship, and everything else that may apply)
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04682 seconds with 20 queries