Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - lighting
Thread: lighting
View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2005, 12:03 PM   #6
blizazer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to blizazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
ok, i have tryed the "white" or " blue" lights for the headlights, are these the same as the h4? Where woudl i get them and about how much do they cost. I am building the bumper so I want to incorperate spots for lights now. that way ill have them ahead of time, ya know.
Do the knock offs draw more amperage for the same wattage? I have 2 walmart specials right now, and I think they could be brighter, but they work alright.
Woah.

Nope. The blue lights give you less light. You're putting a blue filter on a bulb, the filter removes some light, giving you less total.

These are stock lamps for european vehicles. They have stricter requirements on performance for headlights. The best way to say it is to check out a set in action. If you're at the Narrow Trail M&G this weekend, then FrischJ or I can give you a demo. And When I say european, I dont mean as in "euro tailights" or any of that junk.

As far as wattage vs current- For a fixed voltage, the ratio of current to power will not change. So a 55w light will draw 4.5833333_ amps no matter which 12v source you connect it to.
blizazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06004 seconds with 20 queries