Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Kyle M. Ranger Truggy, rebuilt again - Revision 4
View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #119
Kyle M.
KFM!

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

Alright, went wheeling yesterday, thanks Kenny!! Got to test the winch out a few times...and I finally found an issue(knew it would be eventually) but I poped my front drive shaft out, time for a long travel slip or just limit the droop, or both. Funny cus I was just talking earlier about how it hasn't been an issue yet.....jinxed myself! I was climbing a hill and I caught some air going up it, came down and heard flop flop flop...looked out and saw no tire spin, but it was an easy fix.

My truck broke...

my buddy freezing, fixing it for me

So on to the temporary solution

I have never checked how much engagement I have in my front shaft, it just never gave me any issues until now. But after seeing it apart I saw I had very little and since I pushed my axle forward about 1.5" I almost need to lengthen it too. Plan is to make a new one when I do the doubler so I just need something to work now. So I was in the garage and just happened to have a couple front shafts laying next to each other, one out a Ranger, the other out of and Explorer.

bottom one is the Explorer one, the top one is the Ranger one. Notice a difference between them?? I did...

the explorer slip area is about 1.5" longer. So my plan is to swap the front slips around and hopefully I will extend my shaft about 1.5", which will give me more engagement and should be a good temp solution until I limit it and build a new shaft. Here is the shaft on my truck as it sits now

Kyle M. is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06341 seconds with 20 queries