Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - XJ: Narrowed D44/9" Swap
Thread: XJ: Narrowed D44/9" Swap
View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #14
John D

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Made a little progress yesterday before the dog got sick all over the house

Stretched the front 1.25" and it made gobs of room. By gobs I mean a little more (there's a 5.3L sitting above the front axle ya know?). I will actually have a little up-travel now. The track bar and steering are in and it's really tight. I know it's still in the garage, but the steering feels effortless as compared to before when it had a giant drop pitman and a huge angle to the bottom of the D30 knuckle. Going to need to trim the back of the bumper, but that should be all. The front drive shaft fits now too!

Finally got the brakes bled. Been so long since I messed with drums and I had them out of adjustment. 3 quarts of brake fluid later I finally figured it out. Even did a bench bleed on the MC while I was wasting time and fluid. Oh well, there's not a drop of old fluid left in the system now.

Waiting on shocks now so I still can't drive it. Probaby going to put it on jack stands and start breaking in the gears while I'm waiting.
John D is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06458 seconds with 20 queries