Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Anyone know about the DREAM act?
View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #20
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
But it implies MINORS - that may have not had a choice in coming here in the first place (though I'm not saying they begged and pleaded to stay in Mexico). So, we get some young kids that go to school, graduate, and stay out of trouble - in essence, good citizens. Why not let them be "legalized"?

We can get more tax out of them legally that way - and they end up helping pay for the programs they took advantage of. IMHO, in this light, it's a good idea.
Exactly. I went to wmu with a girl who was brought here by her parents from Mexico when she was less than a year old. She grew up in Michigan, and for all practical purposes she is an American. She was attempting to get a visa that would allow her to stay, but was having a lot of trouble getting through all the red tape. Last I knew she was still at risk of being deported to a country that she doesn't know, where they speak a language that she does not.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05030 seconds with 20 queries