View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:14 AM   #15
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...

I don't understand the tall fenders. Mine are about 8-10" tall. But either way, I fit between them so it's not an issue. Are you saying you have to drive over them? If not, what's the issue? If you are too wide and need to drive over, you may need to consider removing your front tires. (that's one of the reasons I quit running paddles)

Extended tongue; When I bought my first enclosed, it was used and an extra 6" height. The wife and I took it up to the local school parking lot to test out maneuvering. All was well until I made a super sharp turn where the rear bumper was tucked in close to the tongue and at the same time, the rear tire of the motorhome happened to be dropped down because it was over a round drain culvert. Wife hollers STOP!!! The slight dip of the parking lot while turned was enough to tip the tops of the motorhome and trailer together. I actually broke a top marker light cover but was fortunate that I didn't crush any structure. I'm sure you've seen where people jackknife a truck bed into a trailer. Now consider that both are 8' tall rectangular boxes. Kink them down at the hitch and they collide at the top. Long explanation I know........... LOL
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04086 seconds with 11 queries