Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - seeking advice for enclosed trailer purchase
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #14
knaffie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Speaking of cheap, not that I want to buy one, but how the hell are they making trailers down in Georgia for 1/2 the price of the ones up here? They say they are made right there, so its not like its Mexican labor. Obviously all the cheapest components available?

Great idea on the door size. My front door has to be at least 50" wide so I can get my quads out of it. Will probably be a ramp, but might be a single door, or might be 2 barn-style doors. Not sure yet. Great idea on the RV latch. My quad trailer has that damn cam lock and I have to use a bungee to hold it shut if we're inside.

I was wondering why so many of these have an extended tongue. What is different about towing behind an RV?

I got some bad news today. Haulmark gave me a quote and they are saying the fenders inside are 24" off the floor, which means I would need an extra 36" of height on the trailer to maintain the 7.5' of clearance I need. That puts the trailer 11.5' tall total, which I don't want. I need to take some better measurements, fire up Autocad, and take a closer look at things. I don't want a trailer that tall.
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07734 seconds with 20 queries