Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - XJ: Narrowed D44/9" Swap
Thread: XJ: Narrowed D44/9" Swap
View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:08 PM   #7
John D

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Progress this week has been slow. Lots of other things to do besides the Jeep L

After screwing around with my junkyard lockouts for 3 days I decided to buy a new set. I should have done that from the start. 90 bucks from Advance for a set of metal Mile Markers. Nice and shiny.

I also discovered that one of my wheel bearing hubs was slightly deformed. I picked up one of those from Advance too. They are 41 bucks at Advance and 101 bucks at NAPA. The computer at Advance doesn’t list the part, I had to find it online and then they could find it in the store. Weird. YH141951 Hub PN.

I have been trying to decide what to do about the clearance, Clarence (Airplane movie). The 5.3L takes up a lot of room and it looks like where it currently is I will only have 3.5-4” of up-travel before my control arms and D44 yoke make contact with either the engine or the exhaust.

I could push the axle forward 1-2” to gain some clearance or limit the up-travel. Maybe both would be best, but the TREs and track bar are lined up perfect where the axle sits now.

Opinions anyone?

Here are some pics of the clearance.

It looks like it will hit the oil pan, but that clearance is OK.

John D is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06512 seconds with 20 queries