Alright, update time.
Got my tire groover....
and went out and put it to use.
the first victim
I did the 2 worst tire first, went pretty good, took me about an hour. I don't really like the pattern I did, but that is how the wear bars were so that is how it happened. I cut the grooves about 3/8" deep, same as what the center lugs had left on them, should have some good traction now. Pictures make the tires look BALD, but they aren't.
And a little side note, put my vinyl floor back in, much quieter now. I also started on finishing my box, cut up the front part I cut off to section back in, but I am thinking it is a lost cause, might go a little custom on it since it is basically rusted out. And I put my tonneau cover back on, chopped a foot out of it to make it work, but it will be nice to keep my bed covered.....I wonder how long it will last since my tank is in the bed and I have to take it off to fill.....looks good though!