View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2010, 05:54 PM   #17
akozman
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Glad you all are diggin it, I know we'll be loving it when it's 90 out in the summer camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullsize4life View Post
Wow. Nice shop. And the trailer is way cool also.
Wish the shop was mine or James's it's way nice!!! 60x60, who knows how tall, 14' overhead door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Bangler View Post
Nice work Andy, how about some specs on the materials used....what gauge treadplate, what beam size, spreaders look like structural channel in the pics, 6x8.2#?
Hey Aaron, what's been happening I see from your sig you're still collecting jewels. Beams are W8x10, cross members & deck cross members are C4x5.2, used some 2x2 to space the deck up for tire clearance, I've got a C10x??? for the rear bumper, and 2x2x3/16 angle for the ramps and water tank supports. The new axle is a 6k unit with heavy wall (1/4") so I can upgrade to 8 lug any time and it's a 7k, using the 2 axles from the 5th wheel that are 5.2k's, might have to upgrade the beams on those to the same as my new axle, but we'll see what the final weight is before I do that. Just picked up a pair of Maxxis 225x75r15 trailer tires good for 3k each, I'll be replacing the other 4 sometime after xmas. we went through about 60lbs of welding wire & 1.5tanks of gas not the baby bottles either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mx View Post
your jeep is missing some parts? nice trailer.keep the pictures coming.
good eye, I broke the stator ring on my e-locker got a new one in it now and good to go...need to buy some new tires in the spring other than that it's still a good running champ, still likes to get beat on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockBlazer View Post
I like it, will the floor storage be weather tight?
Storage is sealed from the bottom but I can't imagine I'll be able to make the top 100% water tight with spending some loads of cash, we'll see how it does I may need some drain holes in the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOZ View Post
The single axle is going to make it sooo nice for turning.
I should leave it like that then huh? That would be sweet having and 8200lb camper and a 5000lb jeep + steel relying on 1 axle. Even with 1 axle it turns like a semi.
akozman is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05419 seconds with 11 queries