Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 48' Crawler Hauler build up
View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2010, 08:50 PM   #1
akozman
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 48' Crawler Hauler build up

I put this on Pirate also, but figured I peek in here and show ya'll what I've been up to lately. Don't spend much time online anymore with 2 little kids but had to share this. For the last 3 or 4 years I've been drooling on my buddy Dar's crawler hauler that he built (he's in SMRC with me, 26' bunkhouse & 12' deck) and after we went tent camping with the kids this last 4th of July we swore off ever doing that again. So I did some searching on Pireate and found the Mobile Marriot & Texas Dick's builds and picked up some ideas from them also. So I've been spending the last 3 weeks working long weekends with friends & my bro on my wife's camper & my trailer as she puts it, lol. We're getting somewhere, should be setting the camper on the new frame this Friday. Right now paint is drying from this weekend.

Started with a 2005 Dutchmen Classic 28' Bunkhouse to hold my wife, 3yr & 1yr old. This should provide us with years of usage. It is ~48', 16' of deck with in floor storage 8'x6'x14", triple axle.

Back from Sand Blasting

All painted, got a nice epoxy primer and urethane paint

build pics are uploading..............
akozman is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06062 seconds with 20 queries