Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Mira's Jeep Cherokee Sport
View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2010, 07:10 AM   #40
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

While the build is somewhat slow-going (as they always are in my household), the collection of neccesary parts is going pretty well.

I drove down to JCR last week and picked up Mira's Stage 2 rear bumper. Some of the finish grinding is a little uneven, but a little time with a grinder and sander should correct that pretty easily. Overall, it's a pretty nice piece (especially for the sale price at which I bought it), and will work very well for her XJ. We just need to give it a quick coat of primer to keep it from surface-rusting prior to install; it may be a great job for Mira over the upcoming long Thanksgiving weekend.

I also picked up a set of like-new Rubicon front coil springs (and misc. other parts) on craigslist. They have been listed for several months, but were grossly overpriced. After several price drops, they became a very good deal, and I got them. There were several other OEM Rubicon suspension parts included (sway bar links, etc.), along with a TJ bottle jack/handle, which we'll also use for Mira's XJ.

I'm hoping the Rubicon springs give us an additional 1/2" - 1" of lift in the front (combined with 2" Teraflex BB spacers).

We also broke even on one of the '94 XJ 2-dr. parts rig, so it's just a matter of pulling a few last misc. parts, and breaking out the sawzall to cut it up and take it in for scrap. Mira (and her little sister) should enjoy helping with the demolition/sawing, too.

More to come after Thanksgiving weekend (the next solid block of time that I'll have my girls).

Craig
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jcr_stage2_rear_bumper.jpg
Views:	1965
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	70847   Click image for larger version

Name:	rubicon_springs.jpg
Views:	1580
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	70848  
1x1_Speed_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote