I took some quick measurements and went out and bought a piece of DOM tubing. Took it to a machine shop and had it turned down.
Here is what I got back
pretty nice and I went to press in the new seals. They fit nice and tight...
Went to install them and I hit a snag. There is a burr in the tubes. It looks like a weld bead.
I ground them out with a die grinder.
I went to install them again and once again, to no avail
Apparently in my haste not only did I fail to measure both sides (assming they would be the same size) I also failed to take more that one measurement from one side.
The tube is not round.
Not only that but the depth is diffirent. It is much deeper on the drivers side than the passenger side.
taking a break to think this one out. Wish I hadn't paid $50 just to throw these out and try again.