View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2010, 06:54 AM   #4
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

What a GREAT time! My daughters & I fell in love with the trails there. We met up with Crawler (Steve) and his wife, and they were nice enough to show us around the trails, and also to snap a few pics of us. For those who haven't been there, the photos don't do the park justice.

We also ran into a couple guys from the board...irishjeeper & noah's ark. It was nice to meet them. I also got to meet Ron Price, and thanked him for developing such great trails. We'll definitely be back! The camera battery died before I could get a photo of my girls in front of the "Rocks and Valleys" sign on the way out of the park, though.

With a basically stock rig (only a budget boost & 31" KM2s), I was very pleased with how my LJ did. I love the tires! I'll disconnect the sway bar next time (I don't have quick disconnects), though. The gears are also turning on ways to make it more offroad-capable. My trailer hitch hangs a little low, so I want to plan on a rear bumper with integrated hitch...maybe a winter project.

Craig

Here's us in the LJ.

Note the scratch that goes the full length of the driver door (and into the quarter panel). I'll have to see if it'll buff out. It's the only real "carnage" (used very loosely) from the day.

No, we didn't actually tackle the tires & boulders!

Crawler and his wife in his TJ:

Driving out of The Playground:

Crawler taking advantage of the landscape to display how much more flexy his rig is than mine. BTW, I'm SOOOOO disconnecting my sway bar the next time I go to R&V.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0305.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	69881   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0306.JPG
Views:	2736
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	69882   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0307.JPG
Views:	2759