Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Pit Trash Shoot Out @ Bundy Hill Oct. 23rd & 24th.
View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #169
jeepfrk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKrawler View Post
I agree. $100 is a good number...makes the math easier on figuring payouts. Drivers meeting at 8 is pretty early considering people are coming from all over the state (hopefully). 9 for the meeting would be good with a 10 start time. 10 might seem better, but if you get 20 rigs, it will run pretty late in to the day/night. I would cut the time limit down too...probably 30 minutes.
Another idea is to separate the buggies in to their own class. I know this year the most capable buggy ended up last on the "mulligan" run and he finished 2nd to the Suzuki, but they still need to be in their own class. Full out/dedicated rock buggies verses full bodied trail rigs...not exactly fair and may deter some from entering.

Suggestion recap:

entry fee - $100
classes - (1)41" and under (2)42" and up (3)Buggy
drivers meeting - 9am / Comp start - 10 am
time limit - 30 minutes

Bright EVENT STAFF t shirts for those running/judging/timing the comp
2 way radios for the event staff

If you get enough rigs (which I'm sure you will next year), you should have a leaderboard type sign where you can post everybody's time after their runs so it's not a mystery, as to who had what time, having to wait until the awards ceremony to find out.

You guys did a great job for your first comp, the course was top notch, can't wait to see a bigger turnout for next year

I would also highly suggest the enforcing of the use of tree savers and winch weights.
Please send your resume to Pit Trash and we"ll consider you for next year. Im sure there will be changes but the 300 entry will not be one. no one that entered complained about the entery. Only the web wheelers are complaining
jeepfrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07540 seconds with 20 queries