Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Mudr run Rules?
Thread: Mudr run Rules?
View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #46
Mikey1258
HAND-ME-DOWN Racing

Location: Muskegon Mi. http://www.mymudlife.com/profile/MIkeyWells
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey1258
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsmotorsports View Post
From looking at these, looks like Adrenaline will be competing everywhere except stock
Henry has no 4 link, and as far as stripping, more of his truck is there than some of the guys who currently run pro street.

Will forcing new comers and locals to compete against trucks like his open up the market(ie:bring more people out to race)?
Thats ok...He has a bad ass truck that fits the rules. Or does it? I have never seen the motor. Eveything else is very straight forward. That shouldn't deter anyone. The guy who has pro-cuts , 4-link, or coil overs is the issue.

The questions you need to ask as promoters are:
Why aren't people coming? What do they say when they attend (positve or negative)? Is the change possibele and or cost effective?

The things that I hear people say are: How is it that I have to race against that.... EX stock jeep w/ small block chevy w/ carb intake and headers gets pitched in pro street. Or some guy gas tank in bed because old one rusted out. Or non functional lighting,,,,it can go on and on.

My point is if you make simple Stock type suspension, DOT tires, No Bottle, minimal stripping, drivetrain in stock location, + safety equipment.

LET EM RUN...

As far as bad ass trucks go (like Henry's) good for him, he's kicking everyones ass with your rules. The fact still remains that the places that had the least amount of performance restricting rules had the most rucks and spectators all summer.
Maybe we should talk about pay-back structure next that should be a good read...LOL

Mikey
Mikey1258 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06918 seconds with 20 queries