Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "Dirthead 509" TJ Project
View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #381
feva4u
LCG

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95geo View Post
Ok, it makes a little more sense....

If you want an idea to go on, you could make new mounts for the cables tha mount them next to the case as opposed to under it. Then make new extensions for the rails that clear the yoke and d shaft and allow actuation from the new cable location. Make a new cross member that bolts in there but doesn't have bushings that far out and put a plate off the front side to mount a factory style bushing right where your bolts for the cross member and trans/t case mate now.

Minimal tear up but the hardest part would be redoing the shifter cable mounts while not giving up any feel on the actuation.

$0.02

Red is the only area where the shifters could actually come past the case. I looked at coming from the front too but didn't want to deal with driveshaft/exhaust and looping the cables up around the trans. It'll probably stay like it is for now, I'll get to it later. Focus is moving it under it's own power right now.

Page generated in 0.04484 seconds with 20 queries