Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Mudr run Rules?
Thread: Mudr run Rules?
View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #42
momsmotorsports

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD FLARESIDE View Post
I will concede on the Alcohol, because you probably have a better knowlege then I on that subject. However, there was a chevy truck parked right at the beginning of the pit, that should have not been in the street class.
Also, if we are going to be honest,......your drivers meeting was a joke. We listened to a1/2 hour of lecture on your business, by the time you got to the rules, eveybody had tuned you out.
I don't know you personally, I think you probably run one of the better races, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

I'm not the enemy, I paid a lot of money to compete, and I feel I had no chance to win. Because of this, instead of me running, 2-3 classes and paying for my family to come watch. I will probably only run 1 class, and I will be by myself.

Its not fun to get your @$$ handed to you, everytime you go. I'm sorry that I don't feel the need to give away my money and I hope we can make a change for the good.
First and foremost, thanks for the constructive input. Agreed, there is plenty of work to be done. There is always room for improvement and innovation.
You are not viewed as an enemy. We don't want enemies, we don't race anymore, we just promote races. Keeping racers happy and coming back is our goal. Not just racers either, our mission is to provide safe venues where racers can come together and fairly compete while showcasing their rigs off to the public. At our race in Reed City this year, ALL FEES were lowered.

What we are lacking is input. Our original rules format was voted, implemented and amended as drivers expressed concerns and continued dialog over the years. Over the last few years, the constructive input, communication, and dialog has been minimized.

We do have a fuel tester and would have loved to use it. Each driver is equally responsible for following the rules just as we are for enforcing them.

What chevy truck and why? I assume we are talking about the Pro-street class and not the factory.

A joke? I am sure Rick was trying to drive home a couple of points which were overlooked. He was not talking about our business so much as the mud racing industry as a whole, trying to get racers to think about the big picture. The idea was, that the local, state and national mud racing industry is changing. The changing market should be an interest and passion that racers and drivers follow and be active in rather than tune out as in recent years. We are just as guilty of tuning out and loosing interest the whole picture. Both on the the regional and local level. We spent more time 'at' events this season than ever. Researching, not racing, not promoting.......trying to tune back in.

Last edited by momsmotorsports; October 19th, 2010 at 11:35 AM.
momsmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09982 seconds with 20 queries