View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #6
Bones
skillicous

Send a message via AIM to Bones
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Seriously? So if you think there wasn't any regulations whatsoever on pollution, that would be a good thing? You can't let the private sector regulate pollution. Can you imagine what our lakes would be like without regulations?
i agree there should be regulations, but the government restrictions within the last 5 years has been nearly out of control. IMO the new diesel regulations were not warranted and are only taxing the consumers during an already struggling economic downturn. Keep in mind I'm not only taking about someone like you or me going out to buy a new truck, I'm talking about the entire shipping industry country wide having to pay more for their equipment and overhead, which of course gets passed on to you and me.

The government is demanding such a steep change in the american market that it is hurting the american public. I agree we need to aim for a better product froma green aspect, but the rate of change is simply not managable given the current economy or current resources.

Don't even get me started about how the new EPA requirements that are pushing automakers into using hybrids are actually worse for the economy than if they just developed more efficient ICE's. People think batteries are good for the environment? Yikes.

Special Thanks and Recommendations to;
Motorcity Machines
Ironman Offroad
Branik Motorsports
Maxxis Tires

Raceline Wheels
PAC Racing Springs
Joint Clutch and Gear
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04289 seconds with 11 queries