Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - New to MI
Thread: New to MI
View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #1
ASTAR
West Coaster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default New to MI

Hey all, I guess I'll start with this...I'm new to Michigan. I've lived on the west coast my whole life so I am used to wheeling at the Rubicon and The Hammers for the most part. I want to get into the wheeling scene around here but don't know where to begin. My Jeep is in NorCal right now at my parents house so I could drive and wheel it when I go back to visit. I was recently told by someone that there is a TON of wheeling here so I'm getting pumped up to go get it!
It's a 2007 Jeep JK 2dr with D44's, Rubi locker front ARB rear. Shafts are Superiors rear and RCV's front. I put an Atlas 4speed, R.E. LA Kit, River Raider fenders and corners, Poly rockers, Smitty bumpers, Raceline beadlocks, 40" Xterrains, etc...

Its a little more mellow than my old rig but I wanted a driver that I could wheel the hell out of.

Attached are pics of my old rig and my new one. (the new one has 37's in the pic)

So where are the places to go out here? I'm not into mud like I am rocks but I wouldn't let it stop me
I like going on overnight runs that are camping trips/wheeling trips so I'm not opposed to anything mild to wild really.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0767_2.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	68832   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1070.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	68833   Click image for larger version

Name:	FH000019.jpg