Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Are our taxes going up?
View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #17
howell_jeep
Last Free Man

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
I never said two wrongs do make a right. In terms of causation I'll go back and suggest that your feelings essentially towards GM are narrow sighted and misguided - especially if you just take a token look at the order of magnitude of big-picture items on the budget/deficit... but on the subject, in as much as I share a loathing for Obama and his Agenda - he doesn't make budget appropriations - that's the Senate's Job, so you should thank Messr's Reed and his cronies more so than Obama...

Also, we do in fact have folks employed in the financial, and securities sectors here. Continually harping on an employer of many folks that are here has nothing to do with the intent of this board, or this sub-forum, that's a red herring argument.

your ever present hatred, and vitriol aimed at GM is arguably cause for therapy IMHO - but then it has been a while since I stayed at a holiday inn express... and I'm not that smart...
In your ever present suggestions of sending people to therapy you seem to miss the point of this thread, which is, to remind you, whether our taxes will go up. Are you trying to tell us that the bailout of GM and others has no effect on our taxes and that Obama has no say in whether or not Bush's tax cuts are extended? You certainly give that impression.

You would rather blame wall-street. In all the bad decisions of GM, they made a good one, at least for GM, to get money from poor Americans and go through Bankruptcy rather than to borrow money. Financial institutions did the same thing. One cannot blame them for what they did. It's not right, but our blind or corrupt politicians did not dare to say "NO".

Because of these actions, you cannot argue that Obama and GM in some way have not contributed to future rise in taxation, so you stoop to elementary school level and send people to therapy.

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06306 seconds with 20 queries