Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - DIY Seat Heat - Teh Awesome!
View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #21
SS4Matt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My boss had a set of aftermarket heaters put in his wifes last car. when he went to turn the lease in, i asked if i took them back out if i could have them. he said sure since he was going to turn the car in as is anyways.

Took me maybe 2 hours to remove them from his wifes 300C. and then another saturday afternoon after work I installed them in my F-250. I've never had heated seats before, and I can say i love this mod. pretty easy to do.

I'm not sure what kit I have as I got it free 'o' charge just a little labor, but it looks similar to yours. it has the same high/low seat rocker switch and similar wiring although my heating elements just looked like a piece of screen mesh with the heating "wires" stitched on it.

passanger side took me about an hour, drivers side took me about 20 minutes after I knew what I was doing! :) nice writeup!

as for longevity. the ones in my truck lasted 2 years in the bosses wifes car, and have now been in my truck 3 months or so. I would say if they crapped out tomorrow they would be worth the $120 for a few years. but mine are still good and working fine!
SS4Matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05757 seconds with 20 queries