Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - I'm going to read the Koran.
View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #11
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Yes, I want to study the Koran. Not that I am interested in Islam as a personal religion but quite the opposite.

I try to be tolerant and accepting of all religions as part of my personal choice of being a Diest. I am also interested in aspects of different faiths including Christianity. The funny thing is that the more I study religion, the more I feel I've made the correct choice for my personal religious beliefs.

I believe the Koran is much like the Bible. Written by men with a personal agenda to gain something. I also feel that it (like the Bible) is subject to gross interpretation and the people that are interpreting it have a personal agenda. Studying the Koran will allow me to (maybe) understand the thinking process of some of these left field Muslims out there. Knowlege is power, power is good.

Now Christian guys, don't get all wound up because what I've just written. I support your right to believe what ever you want too. I just enjoy making you guys produce facts here and there and I enjoy challenging mainstream religous thinking. Our little debates make us all smarter.
Is it Ironic that you spelled Knowledge wrong? JK

I understand why, It just came off as if you were going to read it once and then be done. I also have no problem with what you said about the bible. Many people believe that. I think it was written with inspiration from God and then Twisted by those in power AFTER it was written. Just like any other Human endeavor, religion gets corrupt. I have Faith that what I read is what they wrote though.

Our "Little Debates" are great to have. If you don't get challenged in what you think you don't really know how Valuable it can be. Also, hearing a Point of view out side of Christian Culture helps me to be able to understand why people think what they do about Christianity. It's a Great tool.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.94572 seconds with 20 queries