From the site you linked:
On a general basis, the objectives of NAFI are:
* making the public and decision-makers aware of the challenges of economic and political integration between the three NAFTA countries;
* identifying new ideas and strategies to reinforce the North American region;
* establishing a new tradition of North American multi-disciplinary meetings and alternating in the three countries;
* favouring the creation of North American networks to set the basis for a trilateral dialogue;
* identifying elements of a North American agenda to put forward integration beyond the reduction of tariffs;
* putting on the political agenda the idea of creating a North American Investment Fund that would stimulate Mexican economic growth and gaining the support of public opinion and decision-makers regarding the advantages of such a fund.
Maybe alittle bias, eh?