Building a Sami need recommendations.
Hey Zuki guys, I'm a Jeep guy and Im thinking of building a Zuki and have a basic plan in mind. My plans are quite simple please feel free to critique them and give recomendations:
I have a couple questions also:
1. Whats the best years to look for when buying a Zuki? *I would like a FI motor, I think those started in 1990????
2. Why do most people use the Toyota axles and not Dana 44's or something?
3. I see many people either run dual x-fer cases or swap gears to a lower ratio in the case, what preferable?
*This will be a true crawler no street time.
1. Spring over lift with shackle reversal (YJ springs maybe)
2. 35" tires
3. Locked front and rear with 5-something gears.
4. Stock motor
5. Stock trans
6. Stretched wheelbase 6" or so
7. Lower gearing in x-fer case or doubled case *TBD
8. Axles *TBD
Last edited by ppkaprince98; September 23rd, 2010 at 06:37 AM.