Ok, I have entered the next phase of this project: Rust.
I have alot of work to do to make this car structurally sound let alone look good. These cars were cheap pieces of shit back in their day so it's a miracle I have anything left of the car to put in my shop. I have some rust in hard to reach areas but on the positive side, the car is solid in critical areas like the door supports and the windshield pillars. even the bottoms of the doors look good.
I have to rebuild the rocker panels on both sides. I'm striking out for replacements so I may have to find something close and make it work.
I took the fenders off so I could repair the inner fender and supports. Baaaad rust in this area. It doesn't look like it on the outside but the inner area is toasted. I will be buying at least one fender, I may be able to salvage the other one.
Right side inner fender; rusted inside and out. I plan on cutting out all of the original wheel wells and just leaving it open. I will be cutting out all of the rust on the inner fender support and re-enforcing it so it does not flex. I will also be building supports on the front of the fram to support the front area of the fenders and it will also act as a support for the radiator.
Somebody was bugging me for engine pictures. This is the first motor I'm going to use. Its a good running 350 TBI that I'm just going to cam up and carb for now. I have another motor that I'd like to build and turbo but that will have to wait until I find steady employment. Note: I'm aware that the body is not centered on the frame. I just have everything held in place temporarily while I fix the rust, once the rot is gone and I have some good sheet metal to work with, I will be building the permanent body mounts.
And lastly, my poor little weiner dog after it was attacked by my daughters. They put a pink blanky and a Dora pillow near the pooch while it was sleeping.