Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Pit Trash Shoot Out @ Bundy Hill Oct. 23rd & 24th.
View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #21
Swampdog02
Wakley Creek Wacos!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotass View Post
just adding my .02 cents. spend it or throw it away. I think the big purse is a great attention getter. But getting people to shell out $300 for an entry fee in a untested comp and organization might be tough. Why not cut the entry down around $100. Yes the purse might be lower but you will probably get twice the competiors and twice the action for the spectators because money will still be on the line.

I think its going to be tough to get the average joe that wants to start trying these type of events to come out and drop $300 unless they know they have a good shot at winning. Have a lower entry fee, put on a great event, everyone has fun, money is won, and everyone comes back the next year.

im in no way bashing your race. I would like to run it, im just trying to help you guys out.
I greatly appreciate your input. You make some very valid points. We discussed it tonight, and all involved decided that we are going to stick with the $300 entry fee, go for the big pot, and put on the best event we can. We walked the course tonight and agreed that we have the makings for a high quality course, that will give everyone a great challenge, and offer the crowd a great show. We all honestly agree that we may not be catering this event towards the average wheeler with a stock to slightly modified rig, but we will be offering those type of events for those folks in the future.

Thanks again, and hope we see you at the event.
Swampdog02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.62901 seconds with 20 queries