Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Some sandrail fab work.
View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2010, 02:12 AM   #1
nicker57

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Some sandrail fab work.

Ok so I'm thinking about buying this sandrail off my buddy but im curious as to if I can fabricate some body work and seal it up fairly well and use it to drive during winter. I figured I could use some slightly think sheet metal and cage in most the rail and then build some hinges to make doors and use plexi glass for the windows in the doors. Do you guys think this would work or have any ideas on how to do it? Id like to be able to remove the body back off during summer so i dont want to go welding everything on. I figure if anyone knew anything about this it i would find them here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also im not working on a monster budget so i would like to try and keep the price as low as possible. Doesnt have to be anything fancy, just something to be able to keep the cold ass wind off of me, might even try hooking up a heater that would blow up from under the feet section, and im pretty sure i would need windshield wipers incase of snow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
nicker57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08254 seconds with 20 queries