Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Dr. Laura is quitting because of complaints about her N-bombs?? WTF.
View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:26 AM   #9
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Bronco View Post
Dude, I'm a liberal just like you, but I sure didn't hear dr laura call that woman a N..... and the woman didn't say that anyone else was calling her a N.....

I've asked black folks the same things as she was talking about. Ones that I respected, and they knew that. I'm curious how people interact with other people. If people know you are doing it to learn they are fine with it. I've asked the same type questions to Jehova's witnesses.
I didn't say that Dr. Laura called her an N-word. She called in and started explaining her problem and then Dr. Laura basically just said she needs to lighten up, then the caller says something like, "even if they use the n-word?" and she's like yeah, chill out. I find this to be terrible advice. I would find it unacceptable for someone in her husbands family or a friend to refer to her as an n-word. I suppose we can't be sure that this is the case, or if she just meant it as a what if question, but I just think that Dr. Laura didn't handle it in a good way.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05779 seconds with 20 queries