View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #14
aber61

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteologation View Post
I work as a sales rep. Port Huron used to be part of my territory. I used to ask Canadians about universal healthcare. Most were positive. One was married to an American woman and had seen the struggles her retired parents have went through. Fixed income increasing medical costs. He said Canada wasn't like that thankfully. And when his son got cancer and needed a bone marrow transplant he got it free of charge. Sounds good to me, if we can implement it.
And Canadians pay through the nose for their health care that is bankrupting the country. It is not free by any means. The lines for the care needed are long and many people die waiting for life saving procedures that here in this country are done asap.
A friend of mine had his dad go in for a check up and they found a small quarter size spot on his lung, They said we need to get a biopsie of that and said they would make an appointment for him and let him know. Four months later that spot had grown and by the time they had a bed for him to do the surgery they removed his entire lung. If the cancer would have moved any faster he would have died and no surgery would be needed. That is only one story of people waiting to get care from a hospital in Canada.
If your not sick and only need to see a doctor once or twice a year maybe thats good but the taxes they they pay there are very high.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04910 seconds with 11 queries