Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Mira's Jeep Cherokee Sport
View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #7
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well, Mira's XJ is safely at home now. Here's a pic after we got it hooked up in Kentucky this weekend (check out that beautiful landscape!). It was 100 degrees down there WITHOUT the heat index, though, so we went through some serious water getting the tow brackets figured out & hooked up.

We utilized some of JCR Offroad Unibody Tie-In Brackets (Eric @ JCR helped me out with an after-hours pick-up on the way to Kentucky), which worked great for attaching the makeshift tow brackets to the XJ. They weren't notched for the fender support brackets like the illustration in the installation instructions (not sure why), so we just unbolted the support brackets, and pulled them out enough to slip the brackets in-between.

The only real "excitement" with the trip was a blowout on the Cherokee on the way home (happened near Indianapolis). It shredded the tire really well! The spare from my Unlimited saved me, but it made me nervous about another flat/blowout during the balance of the trip. All went well, though, and it's tucked away in its new home.

I'll get Mira acquainted with her soon-to-be new best friend - my beloved Milwaukee grinder with a wire wheel - real soon.

Craig

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flat_tow_1.jpg
Views:	2816
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	66532   Click image for larger version

Name:	flat_tire.jpg
Views:	2784
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	66533  

Last edited by 1x1_Speed_Craig; March 27th, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
1x1_Speed_Craig is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07404 seconds with 21 queries