Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Cummins Stumbling
View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #8
Spudy
Redneck Excavator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Spudy Send a message via MSN to Spudy Send a message via Yahoo to Spudy

one if the first things i would do with it is buy a fuel pressure gauge. Here is the thing about that gen dodge. (i know i have a 2001 2500 lol.) They have a lift pump(fuel pump) that feeds the injections pump. The stock one is know to suck ass. The problem is when it goes out it starves the injection pump and burns it up. Insert $2000 now lol. It if install a fuel pressure gauge you will know when the stock lift pump goes out or gets weak saving you lots of money.

I just recently put in a gauge for good measure only to find out that my lift pump was bad. But it is still cheaper then an injection pump. If your lift pump does go bad i highly recommend buying a good aftermarket one.

I got all my stuff from http://www.genosgarage.com/default.asp There were great to deal with and know their shit. Then even helped me walk through installing my new aftermarket pump as the sales man has installed a few of them himself.

If you want to chat more send me a pm with your number and we can talk more.
Spudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06164 seconds with 20 queries