Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Rear 60 disk brake conversion; DIY or store bought kit?
View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #12
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Originally Posted by liv2mx View Post
first off why spend all that money on bling brakes for a rear 60? i would never buy a complete break kit when you can buy the chevy stuff for 1/2 the great lakes or sunfire offroad and get the bolt on caliper brackets.76 chevy calipers and rotors.done. then spend a bunch of money on a carrier for 35 spline shafts..take the axle somewhere to get the end bored..then call ,spend more money on custom shafts....

should just get a 14 bolt!!!!!
Not this shit again I already know my rear axle set up, a HP60 thats getting converted to full width, full float and bored out for 35 spline shafts. Im perfectly set on using 70's-80's Chevy 3/4 ton front brake rotors and calipers in the rear as I know they will provide me with ample amounts of braking power, that what I have up front. Add in a pinion brake on the transfer case and I know I have plenty.

I was just asking if buying a complete kit or piecing things together on my own, which is the easiest. Seeing that most who have a 60 or 14bolt in the rear use 3/4 ton front chevy brakes stopping power isnt an issue.
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

Last edited by Skooter_Built; August 9th, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.06744 seconds with 21 queries